So here's where my analogy comes into play. It's almost like for so long I was this little worm. I was use to being a worm. Then I left a situation that left me down in the dirt for so long. I started making my home (spinning my cocoon) for my career and setting up this new home and life for myself.
Metamorphasis. I changed. I had grown these beautiful wings and was having a great time using them. I felt beautiful again. Free. I enjoyed all the things that I feel I had missed out on so long. I did feel like a beautiful butterfly... Then I smacked into a car windshield.. >.<
I have hit a lull. Some days I feel like I have to fight myself from transforming BACK into that worm. Self-doubt, uncertainty, sensitivity. Attacks on myself, not from others, but myself. My own worst enemy seems to be: Me. Myself, and I.
So my new resolution? Finding my wings again. Reminding myself that I am a beautiful woman of God. The one he intended for me to be. Love those around me like they should be loved. Leave the past in the past. Dream about tomorrow. Hope for the future, but be happy with right now. When I look in the mirror, remember to see past what's at the surface. When I look at my "home", be proud I have spun my cocoon into a happy enviroment for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment