4.18pm, London, Sunny day
Few months back, I was recommended by a friend to watch a clip titled Achieving Your Childhood's Dream, the last lecture by Randy Pausch. Why is this worth watching? Watch it. I think you will come away from it with some good advice that will impact your business and personal life. This is what I get out of it:
1. Getting good things, achieving dreams requires HARD WORK. A successful company isn’t successful just because it sells a great new idea. It is successful because PEOPLE made it that. People worked hard and poured their blood, sweat, and tears into.
2. Your attitude makes all the difference. Do you choose to be a Tigger or an Eeyore? A Tigger is curious, optimistic, energetic, and have fun. These traits will always help you get ahead.
3. People are ALWAYS more important than things. A company that treats people like things, a company that doesn’t put it’s people first, is a company that will have problems. Its a lot easier to be successful if you have good people behind you. The way to get good people behind you is to treat them like good people.
4. When you do something wrong apologize and figure out how to fix it. I find if I own up to my mistakes quickly, and ask for an apology I get much more help to make things right.
So, you wanna be an EeyOre Or TiGgErrRRr!!!
I would love to be an Eeyore sometimes.. depends on the situation, I'm a girl after all... =P
Check out Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
Good day! =)
i like to be tiggerr, and i always remind myself to be one. nothing better to be able to put smiles on ppl faces. cant do that being eeyore
ReplyDeleteI know you're always a tigger... Thanks for the recommendation. I'm watching it again and again and.... again... =) But you look like an eeyore from the outside... Which is GooD!!!
ReplyDelete