I do what I do, often against all the odds, because to do anything else is, quite simply, unthinkable. Fashion is a constant revolution; a restless search for the new, the improved. A designer, who believe in extreme provocation and riotous extravagance, designer who simply make beautiful things to wear. Designer who balance the contrary force forces of art and commerce and a designer who just want to make women sexy and dresses that sell. For verily, this is my destiny.
18 April, 2010
Every time I enter the class.. A lil bit in me died!
At first glance, mathematics might not seem an obvious source of inspiration for a fashion designer. However Professor Sandy Black, from the London College of Fashion, explains that maths is at the very heart of the catwalk: "When somebody is designing and creating fashion to be worn on the body there's a constant movement between 2D and 3D, which is what fashion designers are doing all the time. For example pattern cutting is really quite technical and quite mathematical: it is actually a form of engineering." Anyways, I hate Maths, Add Maths and Physics... I really do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment