5.1opm, 7th of September, 2oo9
Cloudy and calm day, London
We have all had a friend who turned out to “not” be a friend due to their own personal gain. Right? I know I have. One friendship comes to mind when I think about self-serving friends. It’s still rather fresh to me so I know it well and remember it even better.
I am always very open to making new friends. I find new friendships to be interesting like all new relationships. I know that and I am comforted in that. But we all get wrapped up in the “newness” of the start of a friendship. I have seen the transition from smiles and laughter to cursing and evil looks. I just realized that an opportunistic friend can turn into a foe overnight. I once have a friend, we laughed a lot finding common ground with our quirkiness. We did become good friends fast. Within a year, I had invested a lot of time and emotion as a friend to her. I listened to all of her problems until I could recite them all frontwards and backwards. She had moodswings and she always had self absorbed moments….many... And, she is always there for me whenever I need her. But things happened recently and from here, I can see clearly how friendship form and gone in just a minute. What a shame it is…. but it’s true. I have learned a valuable lesson through this all, which is, never to take your friends for granted, and NEVER dump a true friend just to get ahead at something. It is just no worth it. It’s certainly an eye opener about what is truly important in life. We are all different and that is okay.
In these 5 months here in London, a very precious experience crossed my life. It's called true friends.. The people who listen to my problems without casting judgement, never afraid to tell you like it is. They know when to say no, they never flop me. They are very supportive of all I do. They are always there to dry my weeping eyes. We argue, fuss and fight but they're always be there for me. They forgive for your shortcomings, they come to your aid no matter what time of day it is. They know enough is enough. A true friend will be by your side when you need them the most! They don't know my past but they believe me with their instinct and heart!
I never expect myself to have close friends like this in just 5 months, we're like sisters now..!
And of course, I know there are people who I treasure back in Malaysia, ready to greet me with smile and appointments set to meet up. I'm happy to hear all the influencing words from far, encouragement with no doubt and the most important thing, the trust that they still have in me...
Love you guys!
I wish to be in this list of new friends!!
ReplyDeletecause for me u are very important in my life!!
cabronaaaaaa!! i love u!!!
Babe! You are already in the list... Thanks so much!! Appreciate that.. Love you too.. Cabronaaa
ReplyDelete